July of last year, I counted my calorie intake, regardless of the macronutrient content. I was successful in losing weight until last week that I felt the need to change my diet if I really want to see progress.
A fitness enthusiast friend told me a month ago that I should focus on fat loss NOT weight loss. So, I researched and came across different websites on how to lose fats.
To begin fat loss journey, I should count not only calories but also the macronutrients (Carbohydrates, Protein and fats). I’m still figuring out the best percentage distribution for me. Experimenting on food and gradually transitioning to be on a 1200 caloric diet and 40%-30%-30% ratio. Some websites says that it should be 40% protein/carbs, 30% protein/carbs and 30% fats. Other websites state different percentage.
My calculation might not.be that accurate but experimenting food and knowing that you put your effort on it.. That's the amazing part! 340 calories. Skinless.chicken breast. 0.5 cup cucumber. 0.5 cup white rice #Asian #pinoyfood #behealthy #asianfood #nourish #healthy #healthydiet #veggies #fitfood #healthychoices #foodie #foodporn
I’m still in the process of getting to know how this diet works.
So what have I learned so far?
- Limiting carbohydrates limits happiness. I tried to really cut down my sugar intake and there were times that I really need sweets. Not crave but need. It also made me really sad and no energy at all. So far, I’m getting used to it and started to eliminate sugar in coffee. I use cocosugar which contains 3g of carbs compared to real sugar which contains 5 g of carbs. Hopefully, I’ll eliminate cocosugar too! Or I really need it! LOL! Also, try to have low carb veggies on the side while having a meal. It does a lot of trick on my part.
- Be familiar with protein. I never realized that there are food with no carbohydrates but with protein and fats. I’m just beginning to introduce myself to different beans, nuts and other food that are high in protein. So it’s an exciting way to be in the kitchen.
- Learn to love Mathematics. I need a food weighing scale. Is there a particular name for that? I need to log the food and be tedious with what I eat. It’s just the beginning, when I was doing caloric counting it was this tedious too until I got used to it.
- Be gradually strict. I can’t change my diet abruptly so, I’m introducing this newly learned fat loss diet until I’m used to it or should I say until I see results.
- Cook your own food. It gives a sense of fulfilment and happiness as well. :)https://www.instagram.com/p/BCPB4vQmmjR/?taken-by=pinayfitnessjourney
- Reward yourself. It’s necessary. BUT you know when it’s too much!
- Try to know what you need to know. I’m not a nutritionist and not a fitness expert as well but I have this goal to lose fats just from research and home workout. I don’t know if I can really achieve the goal but hey, for as long as you’re doing something for yourself to achieve that goal, you’ll make it! BE PATIENT!
For post related to fitness please visit: pinayfitnessjourney